Development of CMS Commander continues faster than ever before! Several cool features have been added to the software during the last two weeks and the next big improvements are already in the pipeline. See below for a quick overview of what is new:
- The new Clone Page allows you to completely copy one of your websites – including all data, articles, plugins and settings – to any number of other websites. Utilizing that allows you to jump start a new website you are working on for example by importing all settings and date from one of your existing sites and then quickly adjusting what needs to be unique. Using the cloning tool is a simple two-step process that is explained on the new Clone page itself. As with any new feature I am looking forward to your feedback on how you want to use cloning and what improvements you would like to see.
- The Plugins Page and the Themes Page have seen several changes intended to make your life easier: You can now activate, deactivate or delete plugins and themes across your entire network of websites or any number of sites at the same time. You can access those new possibilities in the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu.
- The Users Page does now allow you to bulk edit users. In less than a minute you can change the password, user level / role or more for any number of user accounts on your websites at the same time.
- The Backups Page now allows you to easily restore a backup file that CMS Commander has created on your websites. To start the process click the “Display Results and Restore” link next to your backup task. You will get to a list of created backup files for each of your websites where you can choose the one you want to restore.
- The Dashboard Page received a new site overview box, which lists all the websites you have added to your CMS Commander account. Currently it already allows you to quickly open any site or log into its admin area and more features will be added here soon.
The next features to be added are Google Analytics statistics integration and a notes feature allowing you to save important tasks or reminders for each of your sites. Both of those features as well as many of the ones already implemented were suggested by beta testers, so if you have a good idea as well feel free to let me know in the support forum.
I take your feedback very seriously.