CMS Commander makes it possible to copy the settings of some of the most popular WordPress plugins from one of your blogs to any number of other sites. By copying the plugin settings to multiple sites like that you can save lots of time: You only need to configure a plugin on a single site and can then transfer your setup to your whole site network.
How To Copy WordPress Plugin Settings In CMS Commander?
To copy the settings of one of the supported plugins (see below) to another blog go to the “Plugins” page in your CMS Commander account.
- On the “Plugins” page click on the small “disc”-icon next to the website you want to copy the settings from.
- After clicking the icon a list of installed plugins appears. Find the plugin of which you want to copy the settings.
- Press “Bulk Actions” next to the plugin of your choice. A list of possible actions will appear.
- Now select all the blogs you want to copy the settings to in the list of your websites.
- Finish by clicking on the “Copy Settings to Selected Websites” link.
Why Are Not All Plugins Supported?
All WordPress plugins store their settings in different ways and because of that it is unfortunately impossible to build a system that can copy the settings of all available WP plugins. WordPress provides no way to find the settings of a specific plugin you have installed (which would be necessary to copy them). This and the fact there are over 30,00 WordPress plugins makes an automated system to copy settings that works for every plugin impossible to develop.
Instead the feature to transfer settings in CMS Commander supports a select number of some of the most popular WP plugins available. All of them have been manually added and tested to make sure the feature works.
Which Plugins Are Supported?
Plugins for which settings can be copied to multiple sites are marked with a gear icon on the “Plugins” page in your CMS Commander account. Currently the following plugins are supported:
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- All in one SEO Pack
- Digg Digg
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Google Sitemap
- Google Sitemap Generator
- nRelate Related Content
- Share Buttons by AddToAny
- TinyMCE Advanced
- WordPress Related Posts
- WP Pagenavi
- WP Inject
- WP Robot
If you have suggestions for a specific plugin you would like to see supported feel free to send an email or post in the support forum.