Below you will find a long list of all the features you can find in CMS Commander to help you save time and earn more by managing any number of websites at the same time. Click the links next to an item or in the menu to the right to learn more about a specific feature. Likewise you can also have a look at the large number of video tutorials or the online documentation to learn more about our service or simply sign up for a free account and try CMS Commander for yourself!
Support for Four Content Management Systems (CMS)
CMS Commander is the only product of its kind that supports more than a single CMS: WordPress weblogs, Drupal and Joomla websites as well as phpBB forums can all be added to the same account and remotely managed together in any number.
- WordPress is first with all features outlined below working fine for your weblogs and having been tested during a long beta phase.
- Integration of Joomla, Drupal and phpBB is still in Beta, with only certain CMS versions and features supported. Because of this those CMS can still be added for free and don’t count towards any account limits.
Manage and Command
What good would a general be if he could only command a single soldier at a time? CMS Commander solves the problem faced by almost all webmasters who need to manage multiple websites by making it possible to give orders to all of them at the same time. With CMS Commander tediously logging into each site after another to do some mundane task as updating a plugin is a thing of the past!
- Post Editor: Write new posts in a powerful WYSIWYG editor with more features than the default CMS editors, including useful tools for rewriting, content insertion and SEO optimization.
- Bulk Posting: Publish articles you are writing on any number of your websites at the same time.
- Media Uploader and Image Storage: Use the default media uploader you are used to from your WordPress weblogs and store images and graphics directly in your CMS Commander account, in order to use them accross all of your websites. Insert them into the posts you write in the editor as needed, at which point the image files will be transfered and saved to the website the article gets published on as well.
- 1-Click Plugin and Theme Updates: Get notified of all available updates to plugins and themes on all your websites right on the CMS Commander dashboard and install them all with a single click. Keep your whole site network up to date without any effort!
- Easy Plugin or Theme Installation: Bulk install new plugins to any number of websites simultaneously. Save a list of favorite plugins and themes in CMS Commander and install them on any new website of yours with a few simple clicks.
- Plugin management: Activate and deactivate plugins on your sites, update all plugins on all WordPress websites at the same time or install a new plugin on all your sites simultaneously.
- Theme management: Choose a new WordPress theme for all your sites, update themes on all your blogs or install a new theme to your whole network with a few simple clicks.
- Plugin and Theme storage: Upload and store all your plugin and theme .zip files in CMS Commander in order to quickly deploy them all to a new website. Installing or updating all your premium plugins becomes super easy like that!
- Automatic Backups: Automatically bulk create backups of all your WP websites at the same time. Set daily, weekly or monthly backup tasks and save the results to up to five different destinations, including Dropbox, Email and Amazon S3.
- Clone Full Websites: Completely copy a WordPress weblog from one site to another, including all data, articles, settings, plugins and themes! CMS Commander makes cloning a website a simple and straight-forward two step process.
- Article Management: View recent articles and approve or delete drafts. Edit posts directly in CMS Commander and copy them to any of your other websites.
- Bulk edit WordPress Posts and Pages: Quickly and easily change text in a large number of posts on any number of your sites, edit categories, add new tags and much more.
- Comment Management: Quickly review new comments and approve them or mark them as spam directly on your CMS Commander Dashboard, without the need to log into each of your sites.
- User Account Management: View and delete registered users and bulk create new user accounts on your sites. Bulk edit users to change their passwords, capabilities or more.
- Settings Management: Configure the settings and options of all your WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and phpBB websites from within CMS Commander. Copy your whole configuration from one site to all the others to have your whole network stay in sync!
- Category Management: Bulk create any number of new categories on your sites, freely copy categories from one site to the others or delete unneeded ones.
- Maintenance Mode: Switch your websites into and out of maintenance mode with a single click of a button and display a custom offline message to your visitors, for example while you are working on new features or content.
- WP Robot management: Completely control the popular autoblogging plugin WP Robot from within your CMS Commander account.
Automatic Content and Monetization
In CMS Commander you can use several powerful automatic content features to enhance your websites. Automatic content in CMS Commander is not meant to replace your own unique articles but instead to enrich them, for example by easily adding related images, videos or even affiliate products that earn you income to them.
- Over 20 Diverse Content Sources: CMS Commander now supports more than twenty diverse sources providing you with related images, videos, articles, affiliate products and more from big names like Yahoo, Google, Youtube and Amazon (and the list is still growing).
- Completely Legal: All automatic content provided by CMS Commander is completely legal to be used on your own websites. Because CMS Commander only uses official API programs by the content owners themselves there can be no copyright issues.
- Enhance the Articles You are Writing by inserting videos, images or more content related to your topic with only a few clicks.
- Bulk Update Your Existing Articles and insert images, videos or affiliate ads related to their titles.
- Bulk Content Posting: Need to fill a brand new site with fresh content? If so the bulk content features of CMS Commander offer you powerful tools to do so and allow you to combine diverse content from many sources, rewrite it automatically and schedule it on your websites.
- Earn More From Your Websites: 9 of the content sources in CMS Commander allow you to earn affiliate commission. Include their affiliate products in your articles to add several valuable new revenue streams to your income.
- Import PLR Articles: Import any number of text file articles and publish them, complete with support for spin tags, rewriting and adding related affiliate products to the posts.
- Import CSV Datafeeds: Easily load CSV datafeeds into CMS Commander, review or modify the imported content and then post it to any number of your websites.
- Support for Popular Rewriting Software: CMS Commander supports the powerful rewriting software TheBestSpinner, SpinChimp and SpinnerChief (all not included).
Security and Statistics
Security is our highest priority with CMS Commander for good reason. That is for example why we will never ask for any of your precious admin passwords. To use the service you only need to install a small plugin on your websites that will handle all communication through a secure and encrypted connection.
- No Need to Enter your Passwords! We will never ask for any of your passwords or website logins.
- A Secure SSL Connection handles all communication between CMS Commander and the plugin you install on your websites.
- Google Analytics Integration: Connect your Google Analytics account to CMS Commander to be able to review your website traffic stats while managing your websites.
- Network Traffic Stats: Aggregated traffic statistics of all your websites in a single graphic tell you with a single glance which of your websites are outperforming the others or which ones are having troubles.
- All Important Statistics: The stats in CMS Commander include all the most important metrics about your websites like bounce rates, the percentage of new visitors, average time on site and more.
- Custom Plugin Branding: Change the name, description and author of the CMS Commander plugin on your WordPress websites, for example to match your company branding and hide CMS Commander from your clients.
- Uptime Monitoring: We have integrated the free service Uptimerobot.com into CMS Commander to bring you free uptime statistics for all your websites right in your account. Confirm that all your sites are online or react quickly if not!
Are your fingers already itching? Simply sign up for your free account below to test CMS Commander on up to five of your websites without any commitment. If you want to get some more information first please have a look at our large number of video tutorials detailing how to use CMS Commander.